Equipment Checkout in the Commons South: Home
The Hodges Library Equipment Desk is located on the second floor in the Commons South. Popular items include loaner laptops, headphones, and digital cameras. This guide contains a complete listing as well as information on loan periods and policies.
- All equipment is provided as a shared resource for the support of academic endeavors.
- Loan periods are limited with the idea of increasing availability for the students as well as the staff and faculty of The University of Tennessee, Knoxville.
- Equipment is available only to individuals from the Knoxville campus with a status of “Active” in the UT Directory: (https://directory.utk.edu/).
Bring your UT ID to the Equipment Desk in the Commons South at Hodges Library to check out equipment.
On the Agriculture Campus? Learn about technology resources at Pendergrass Library.
Fines and Policies
Please note that all items have a limited borrowing period so that they may be available to other students. Failure to return equipment in a timely manner may result in suspension of Equipment borrowing privileges.
- Patrons may borrow only one of each item (one camera, one laptop, etc.) at a time.
- Equipment is first-come, first-serve and cannot be reserved ahead of time.
- All 6-hour equipment and some 3-day equipment accrues a fee of $0.25 per hour.
- Exceptions are cameras, audio recorders, and light kits, which have a $20 late fee.
- Equipment may be renewed only if there is at least one more of that item available.
- Patrons must bring to the desk both their Volcard and the item(s) they wish to renew.