Direct URL for this guide: http://libguides.utk.edu/veterinaryinformation/IACUC
Resources for librarian-assisted or do-it-yourself searching for alternatives:
Webinars, tutorials, articles, and Websites:
1) NIH/OLAW Webinar (40 min.) - "Meeting Requirements for Alternatives Searches" (2014) Kathleen Gregory Highly recommended!
- Research Guide cited in Webinar: http://libguides.du.edu/alternative.
- ARRIVE guidelines cited in Webinar in PLOS Biology.
2) UNC tutorial: "Searching the Literature for Animal Testing Alternatives".
3) If at the beginning of the research planning process, use the Step by Step guide to systematically identify all relevant animal studies by Leenaars, et al Laboratory Animals 2012.
See video at top for why to follow the Step by Step Guide.
4) Working with wildlife? Key article: Putman, R. (1995). Ethical considerations and animal welfare in ecological field studies. Biodiversity & Conservation, 4(8), 903-915.
5) Refinements: Michael Kreger helps researchers and IACUC members understand why refinements are important, how to search for them, and how to evaluate a search for refinements:
More about reporting guidelines:
- Last Updated: May 16, 2017 10:18 AM
- URL: http://libguides.utk.edu/veterinaryinformation
- Print Page