Architecture and Design Subject Guide: Architects and Buildings
Avery Index to Architectural Periodicals Covers architecture and related disciplines -- archaeology, furniture and decoration, historic preservation, interior design, landscape design and urban planning. Compiled at Columbia University's Avery Architectural & Fine Arts Library, the database indexes over 2,000 periodicals published worldwide. Coverage is from the 1930's to the present with selective indexing dating back to the 1860's. UT NetID & Password required
BuildingGreen Features current issue of Environmental Building news and complete archives published since 1993. Includes GreenSpec database of over 1,800 green building products and a database of more than 100 high-performance building case studies. Information is searchable and cross-referenced by CSI MasterFormat division, LEED credit, or green topic. UT NetID & Password required
Design and Applied Arts Index (1973+) Indexes design and craft journals and newspapers. Includes news items, conference and seminar reports, and book, video and exhibition reviews. Covers all design fields including furniture, interiors, textile, graphic, multimedia, packaging, and theater. UT NetID & Password required
RIBA Library Catalogue, British Architectural Library, Royal Institute of British Architects. Includes Architectural Publications Index.
ArchINFORM International 20th Century Architecture
Art Fulltext (1984+) International periodical coverage includes journals, yearbooks, and museum bulletins. UT NetID & Password required
Cities & Buildings Database University of Washington
International Medieval Bibliography Contains articles on medieval subjects and history, with an index containing reference to personal names, medieval and modern place names, subjects, texts and manuscripts. UT NetID & Password required
Skyscraper Page Includes drawings & diagrams
Sources for Building History: a guide to researching historic buildings in the British Isles
Smithsonian Institute Architectural History & Historic Preservation Division
Vitruvio Includes detailed drawings & diagrams
Dictionaries & Glossaries
- Architects USA Directory of over 20,000 architectural firms.
- Brief Biographies of American Architects (who died between 1897-1947)
- Death by Architecture Links to architecture firms.
- Directory of African American Architects
- Frank Lloyd Wright Designs for an American Landscape, 1922-1932
- International Archive of Women in Architecture
- Pritzker Architecture Prize
- Union List of Artist Names Contains around 220,000 names and other information about artists from antiquity to present, and the scope is global.
- Famous Architects.org Provides detailed biographies of over one hundred famous architects.
- INTUTE Architecture gateway
- Architecture Web Resources University of Nevada, Las Vegas
- ArchNet Online Community for Architects, Planners & Designers
- ArtSource Resources & bibliographies
- Entablature A Gathering Place for the Architecture Community
- Library of Congress Guide: Selected listings of research guides, archival resources, and scholarly articles & dissertations