English 118: Honors First-Year Composition
Find Primary Sources
It lists digitized special collections and rare items from libraries and museums worldwide, including UT. It will help you find:
- Historical images and newspapers
- Tennessee historical sources
- Primary sources about food, gender, race, and many more topics
Special Collections at UT Libraries
Special Collections at the UT Libraries have specialized Teaching Collections for English 102, 118, 198, and 298 classes. You may use Special Collections as a 102 or 118 student if your topic falls under one of these categories:
- U.S. Civil War (Diaries and Correspondence)
- World War II (Correspondence)
- John C. Hodges Collection, 1935-1967
- History of Southern Appalachia, including the Great Smoky Mountains
- History of Knoxville and East Tennessee
- Student Life (UT Archives)
- Modern Political Archives
- Theatre Collection
All digital collections are open for students to browse or search.
More information is at the bottom of the Special Collections instruction page, under "English 102 Instruction." The Teaching Collections are housed in Special Collections in Hodges Library and are available without submitting a request form.
The Special Collections research guides also identify some of the collections' strengths. Keep in mind that the majority of these materials have not been digitized and are only available to users in the Special Collections Reading Room. You will have to complete a request form for any item you want brought to the Reading Room.
- Last Updated: Aug 20, 2019 4:15 PM
- URL: https://libguides.utk.edu/english118
- Print Page