Data Services: Data Policies
This guide provides information on managing data and obtaining secondary data for research.
This page is a repository of policies related to data management, security, retention, and ownership at UT. This list was originally created by Dr. Lisa Lindley in the UT College of Nursing and is maintained by the UT Libraries.
- Research Data PolicySummary: The policy includes data definitions, responsibilities, controls, retention, and ownership.
- Research, Scholarship & Creative Endeavors Policies (8/2008)Summary: The policy sections that pertain to data management include misconduct in research and service, conflict of interest, and standard review requirements.
- Acceptable Use of Information Technology Resources (10/1/2017)Summary: This policy governs the use of the University’s information technology resources. Policy No. IT0110
- Information and Computer System Classification (10/1/2017)Summary: This policy provides policies for information and information system categorization and establishes Federal Information Processing Standard 199 (FIPS 199) as the University’s Information Categorization model. Policy No. IT0115
- Secure Network Infrastructure (10/1/2017)Summary: This policy provides the definitions for creation and maintenance of a secure systems infrastructure, including both wired and wireless technology. Policy No. IT0120
- Information Security Plan Creation & Data Breach Notification Procedures (10/1/2017)Summary: This policy provides policies for establishing information security plans and data breach notification procedures. Policy No. IT0121
- Security, Incident, Reporting, and Response (10/1/2017)Summary: This document establishes policy for incident identification, reporting, and response. Policy No. IT0122
- Security Awareness Training (1/12/2018)Summary: This document establishes policy for maintaining the security skills of the organizational users. Policy No. IT0123
- Information Security (6/14/2018)Summary: This policy provides specific UTK policies for baseline IT controls, security program plan, incident response plan, and media protection standard. Policy No. IT00004-K
- Records Management (10/1/2017)Summary: This policy provides policies for confidential records, electronic recordkeeping, disposal of records, minimum record retention, and records management procedures. Policy No. FI0120
- Conflict of Interest (10/1/2017)Summary: This policy includes policies on general conflict of interest and financial conflicts of interest. Policy No. FI0125
- Exit Interviews (10/1/2017)Summary: The document establishes policies for conducting exit interview and retrieving University property, when employees leave the University. Policy No. HR0125
- Code of Conduct (10/1/2017)Summary: This policy establishes code of conduct policies and guidelines including responsible conduct of research and responsible use and protection of confidential information. Policy No. HR0580
- Responsible Conduct in Research & Scholarly Activities (9/15/2016)Summary: This policy provides policies and procedures for misconduct in research including research records. Policy No. RE0001