Information for Off-Campus Users: Learn more
Using the Libraries' Web Site
Because all links from the Libraries’ web site verifies that you are affiliated with UTK, this method might be the easiest and most reliable place to begin your research.
If you are using One Search...
Sign in before you begin a search.
If you bookmark your favorite databases and journals...
Be sure to use the database links given on the Libraries' web site and not the URL in the browser's address bar.
Use our proxy URL generator to create journal URLs that will authenticate you as a UTK user.
You can configure the settings in Google Scholar to link to the UT Libraries by
- Clicking on More > Settings > Library links.
- Search for Tennessee, and check the box for University of Tennessee – FullText@UTLibraries.
- Click Save.
UTKey Proxy Bookmark
This bookmark helps you access UT Libraries' subscriptions without having to navigate through the our web site.
Install the bookmark by one of these methods:
- Drag this lock icon to the your browser's bookmarks toolbar, or
- Right-click the icon, and add to favorites, or
- Create a bookmark with this code as the URL:
Whenever you're blocked from viewing the full text of an article, click on the bookmark to prompt a NetID login. Didn't work? Check the e-journals list to see if we have access through a different source.
The proxy bookmark should work as long as the session is active. If the session "breaks," just click on the bookmark again.