Support for Residents and Interns: TINY URL is tiny.url.utk/CVMResidents
- Case Reports -- Where to publish
- Veterinary Board Exam Lists
- Financial Focus
- Research Support @Pendergrass
- Hello! Services/Collections Checklist
- Goodbye! For Departing Interns & Residents
Purpose: to provide suggestions about where to submit case reports
Other veterinary journals that publish case reports:
(list is not exhaustive, suggestions welcome: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Tiny URL for this guide: http://tiny.utk.edu/casreports
Click on image or direct URL: https://guides.osu.edu/VetBoardLists
Checklist of Library services and collections for interns and residents:
In library help: ask at the service desk.
- Ann Viera: veterinary librarian | email@example.com | voice 865-974-9015 | Veterinary Guides
- Jeffrey Hines, Evening Supervisor (use contact options for Pendergrass Library).
OneSearch UT Libraries Discovery tool: more than the catalog
- Understand what is included and what is not included in OneSearch and the benefits of logging into OneSearch:
Interlibrary Loan @UTK--free service.
Quality Health information supporting the veterinarian-client bond:
- Medlineplus.gov--citizen health information from NIH/National Library of Medicine -- refer clients, friends, family to Medlineplus and/or https://www.mcmasteroptimalaging.org/ after they've consulted their health care provider for more information. More privacy than WebMD and no ads!
- Quality animal health info. that supports the human-animal bond: http://libguides.utk.edu/animalhealth
Databases tips: which databases to search, how-to search, important features of the various platforms:
- Web of Science platform--all tutorials
PubMed--search via Databases menu (https://libguides.utk.edu/databases) so that links to full text will work--HUMAN DATABASE, indexing about 90 veterinary journals, free to search. If you are a PubMed Searcher, keep searching PubMed, just access via databases menu. For high-stakes searches, be sure to search CAB ABSTRACTS also.
- Register for MyNCBI is handy to save searches, use other features of PubMed platform
- Clinical queries --find the best evidence quickly
- Take the Tutorial from TAMU: case-based PubMed Tutorial (Fall 2015) "Follow Dr. Cameron as she searches for relevant literature in PubMed to help diagnose and treat her feline hyperthyroid patient."
Evidence-based practice resources
- RCVS Knowledge Network--complete suite of resources to support EBVM
- VetCompanion -- graded evidence on 180 topic, small animal only UT CVM has a subscription
- Last Updated: Oct 18, 2018 1:09 PM
- URL: https://libguides.utk.edu/veterinaryinformation
- Print Page