Support for Residents and Interns: TINY URL is tiny.url.utk/CVMResidents
- Case Reports -- Where to publish
- Veterinary Board Exam Lists
- Financial Focus
- Research Support @Pendergrass
- Hello! Services/Collections Checklist
- Goodbye! For Departing Interns & Residents
Note: The UTK subscription to VetRecord Case Reports ends December 2018.
Rationale for canceling this journal: only 4CVM authors had case reports published in 3 years. We anticipated more submissions than that.
It will be free to submit case reports to that journal, if submitted before the subscription ends in December 2018.
Other veterinary journals that publish case reports:
(list is not exhaustive)
Tiny URL for this guide: http://tiny.utk.edu/casreports
Checklist of Library services and collections for interns and residents:
In library help: ask at the service desk.
- Ann Viera: veterinary librarian | firstname.lastname@example.org | voice 865-974-9015 | Veterinary Guides
- Jeffrey Hines, Evening Supervisor (use contact options for Pendergrass Library).
OneSearch UT Libraries Discovery tool: more than the catalog
- Understand what is included and what is not included in OneSearch and the benefits of logging into OneSearch:
Interlibrary Loan @UTK--free service.
Quality Health information supporting the veterinarian-client bond:
- Medlineplus.gov--citizen health information from NIH/National Library of Medicine -- refer clients, friends, family to Medlineplus and/or https://www.mcmasteroptimalaging.org/ after they've consulted their health care provider for more information. More privacy than WebMD and no ads!
- Quality animal health info. that supports the human-animal bond: http://libguides.utk.edu/animalhealth
Databases tips: which databases to search, how-to search, important features of the various platforms:
- Web of Science platform--all tutorials
PubMed--search via Databases menu (https://libguides.utk.edu/databases) so that links to full text will work--HUMAN DATABASE, indexing about 90 veterinary journals, free to search. If you are a PubMed Searcher, keep searching PubMed, just access via databases menu. For high-stakes searches, be sure to search CAB ABSTRACTS also.
- Register for MyNCBI is handy to save searches, use other features of PubMed platform
- Clinical queries --find the best evidence quickly
- Take the Tutorial from TAMU: case-based PubMed Tutorial (Fall 2015) "Follow Dr. Cameron as she searches for relevant literature in PubMed to help diagnose and treat her feline hyperthyroid patient."
Evidence-based practice resources
- RCVS Knowledge Network--complete suite of resources to support EBVM
- VetCompanion -- graded evidence on 180 topic, small animal only UT CVM has a subscription
- Last Updated: Jun 14, 2018 11:35 AM
- URL: https://libguides.utk.edu/veterinaryinformation
- Print Page