Veterinary medicine course books, research support, and more
Health Disparities Assignment for DVM/MPH Students Spring 2019: Public Health 555 Dr. Jabson
UT Librarians have a guide to public health:
Guides by other librarians: figure out the scope of your topic and what sources are available
Any book or journal article on these guides will likely be available at UTK also.
Ask for help!
Many of the links to public information on the guides below should work.
|Ann Viera||Veterinary Librarianfirstname.lastname@example.org Pendergrass Library|
|Isabella Baxter||Agriculture Librarianemail@example.com Pendergrass Library|
|Melanie Allen||Public Health Librarianfirstname.lastname@example.org Hodges Library|
- Equipment to produce the public service announcement can be borrowed from Pendergrass or the Hodges Studio.
- Be sure to find out what equipment is available, loan periods or reservation options well beforehand.
2/ How to create a Public Service Announcement or PSA
Searching TIP for all platforms: The acronym PSA is used often --but not always-- in the popular and research literature and on Web sites. Therefore, searching for the acronym PSA will retrieve a lot --but not all-- relevant information.
Searching for just PSA might be sufficient for this assignment.
In general it is a best practice to spell acronyms out when searching and use OR operator:
public service announcement OR PSA
- LYNDA.COM AT UTK has 2 videos on writing a script and creating a Public Service Announcement plus it has many other technical training videos.
- Images & Visualizations Tips --refers to specifically to posters but can be applied to PSAs
- Image Collections @ UTK
WHAT APPROACH IS EFFECTIVE?
- Before finalizing your approach and writing the script, look for evidence of effectiveness! Clinical Queries on PubMed
PUBMED CLINICAL QUERIES: SEE SCREEN SHOT BELOW
LOOK FOR EXAMPLES:
- USE Google Advanced Search to limit to .gov or .org to see what others have created
TRY searching for PSAs on your topic:
public service announcements AND suicide prevention
THEN LIMIT TO PEER REVIEWED ARTICLES: Screen shot
- Email: email@example.com
- Voice (865) 974-7338
- Text (865) 320-9885
Who to ask and when they work:
9 to 4 M-F @Pendergrass
email evenings and weekends
10-4 Sun | 2-10 Mon-Thurs
How-to and Help https://www.lib.utk.edu/askusnow
- Last Updated: Apr 16, 2019 8:49 PM
- URL: https://libguides.utk.edu/Veterinarymedicinestudentsguide
- Print Page