State Law, Legislation and Regulations: The Legislative Process
TN General Assembly
About the General Assembly - Tennessee Women's Political Caucus
- The Senate Chamber Book. Select from list of publications.
- Rules of Order. Tennessee General Assembly. Senate. Select from list of publications.
- The House Chamber Book. Select from list of publications.
An informational booklet including pictures, short biographies, state office phone numbers and state office addresses of the members of the House of Representatives of the 104th General Assembly.
- Rules of Order. Tennessee General Assembly. House.
- Legislative Manual. Tennessee General Assembly. House. Select from list of publications.
Contains the rules of order and other useful information including: branches of Tennessee government, listings of legislative staff agencies, the Tennessee Constitution, House member state office phone directory, state office addresses, legislative definitions, and registered lobbyists.
About the Legislative Process in TN
- How A Bill Becomes A Law - Tennessee. General Assembly. Legislative Information Services.
- Tennessee Government: How It Works - The League of Women Voters of Tennessee. JK5231.T45 2002
Covers the executive, legislative and judicial branches of government and describes the functions and activities of state departments including a brief history of the State.
- Lobbying and the Tennessee General Assembly - The League of Women Voters of Tennessee. JK2498.L62 1996
Gives an overview of the law-making process with guidance on how to influence legislation.
The state constitution was adopted in 1870 and has been amended eight times. The latest amendments were adopted in November 2006. The current constitution and earlier versions are included in volume 1A of the Tennessee Code Annotated. Reference KFT30 1955.A2