As UT's Scholarly Communication librarian, I advocate for openness, fairness, and innovation in all forms of scholarly publishing, from journal articles and monographs to data visualizations and websites.
I provide consultations and expertise in:
- Complying with funder requirements, such as public access policies.
- Understanding copyright as an author, creator, researcher, and/or instructor.
- Assessing the impact of research and creative works, including citation analysis and use of alternative metrics.
- The development, management, and dissemination of research and creative works, e.g., establishing and hosting new journals, publishing in open access publications, and preserving and archiving research and creative outputs.
- Author rights and editorial support, ranging from evaluating journal reputations to understanding publication agreements.