Information for Faculty
Request Library Instruction
- Developing effective search skills.
- Evaluating information and avoiding plagiarism.
- Incorporating audio and video into assignments.
- Using geospatial and data sources.
- Locating primary source materials.
- Using bibliographic management software.
Ask your Subject Librarian to
- Provide an in-class session for your students on locating, using and evaluating information sources.
- Create an online research guide tailored for your course.
- Assess whether the library has the resources needed to complete assignments.
Search Course Reserves
Library Materials in Blackboard
Finding Library Materials for Your Class
What You Need to Know
If the materials you need are not available in e-format,
- Ask your subject librarian if the item is available online.
- Request book chapter/article scans of library-owned print materials.
- Ask Digital Media Services (DMS) to digitize library videos for use in Blackboard.
If the materials are already available online, ask your subject librarian for help
Finding and linking library-owned articles, eBooks and other online materials in Blackboard.
- Verifying that a specific eBook is not limited to a single user.
Be sure to check out The Studio, a media production lab located in the Commons. The Studio supports student media projects and classroom instruction.
- Last Updated: Aug 8, 2016 10:58 AM
- URL: http://libguides.utk.edu/faculty
- Print Page