Support for Residents and Interns
- Veterinary Board Exam Lists
- Financial Focus
- Research Support @Pendergrass
- Hello! Services/Collections Checklist
- Goodbye! For Departing Interns & Residents
- Case Reports -- Where to publish
Checklist of Library services and collections for interns and residents:
In library help: ask at the service desk.
- Ann Viera: veterinary librarian | email@example.com | voice 865-974-9015 | Veterinary Guides
- Jeffrey Hines, Evening Supervisor (use contact options for Pendergrass Library).
OneSearch UT Libraries Discovery tool: more than the catalog
- Understand what is included and what is not included in OneSearch and the benefits of logging into OneSearch:
Interlibrary Loan @UTK--free service.
Quality Health information supporting the veterinarian-client bond:
- Medlineplus.gov--citizen health information from NIH/National Library of Medicine -- refer clients, friends, family to Medlineplus and/or https://www.mcmasteroptimalaging.org/ after they've consulted their health care provider for more information. More privacy than WebMD and no ads!
- Quality animal health info. that supports the human-animal bond: http://libguides.utk.edu/animalhealth
Searching databases: what databases to search, how-to search, important features of the various platforms:
- Web of Science platform--includes access to CAB ABSTRACTS, the international research database for agriculture/vetmed
- PubMed--search via Databases menu to links to full text will launch
- Register for MyNCBI
- Clinical queries --find the best evidence quickly
- Take the Tutorial from TAMU: case-based PubMed Tutorial (Fall 2015) "Follow Dr. Cameron as she searches for relevant literature in PubMed to help diagnose and treat her feline hyperthyroid patient."
- Evidence-based practice resources
- RCVS Knowledge Network
More veterinary journals that publish case reports:
- Last Updated: Jul 18, 2017 1:34 PM
- URL: http://libguides.utk.edu/veterinaryinformation
- Print Page