Services for the Veterinary Practice Team : Services
Access to veterinary research post-graduation
- Veterinarians, veterinary technicians, and veterinary practice staff in the state of Tennessee
- Veterinary alumni of UT College of Veterinary Medicine
What do we do?
- UTK Graduates have access to ejournals and database 6 months post-graduation. Licensing restrictions prevent us from providing UTK Graduates access to our e-journals and databases after the 6 month post-graduation period is up. However, we (UTK Librarians/UTK Libraries) are advocating for new pubilshing models that will bring down the access barriers currently in place to veterinarians and staff. We hope that veterinarians will partner with us to actively advocate for open access publishing through their professional associations (AAHA, AVMA, state organizations etc.) and funders (MAF, Winn, etc.).
- Database Search assistance (CAB ABSTRACTS for example)- we will help you find evidence in databases to support your practice or continuing education.
- Articles: see Copies of Articles Tab
Magazines/Websites that support veterinary practice
Veterinary trade magazines, associations, and others offer content, much of it free. The magazines and Web sites have begun to blur the lines between content from advertisers and content written by veterinarians, veterinary nurses, or journalists.
Register for access and/or email update services.
Use the open source software Zotero to collect, organize, cite and share everything you find on the Web.